As well as paying the rent, the following charges are payable by a tenant:
- Holding deposit – A maximum of one week’s rent.
- Security deposit – Five weeks rent when the annual rent it up to £50,000, or six weeks rent when the annual rent is in excess of £50,000.
- Utility bills and other services – Payable as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Council Tax – Payable as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Lost Keys – Tenants are liable for the cost of replacing any lost, damaged or broken keys, fobs, security device or associated items, including a change of lock or replacement of device if required.
- Variation of contract – £50 per each agreed amendment.
- Late and unpaid rent – Interest rate is 3% above the Bank of England base rate, as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Early termination of the Tenancy Agreement at Tenant’s Request – All costs, fees and charges incurred by the landlord for allowing early termination including the agent’s existing or re-letting fees.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – Payable on tenancies where the total rent for the entire stay at the property exceeds £125,000.
Osborne Heath Estate Agents Limited is a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme and a regulated member of NAEA Propertymark including part of their Propertymark Client Money Protection scheme.